Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

A Part of the Family Now

As of yesterday, I am no longer a Cates girl. I am now a Tibbs girl. Traditionally, most gals change their last name within weeks of marrying their true love, but I didn't do that. Matt and I have been married almost five years and I am just not adopting his last name. Here are some interesting facts about the Tibbs name: * The Tibbs name is an important part of history in the Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain * Tibbs is derived from the baptismal name, Theobald. * Most people acquire the name Tibbs with the 1970's movie, They Call Me Mister Tibbs, starring Sidney Poitier. * A lot of people name their animals Mr. Tibbs. Here are a few other Tibbs out there:Above: Andrew, Matt & Beth... I am very fortunate to have such great family members! Above: Matt... the husband. Pretty crazy guy, huh? Above: Beth & Matt... being silly. Love that.

1 comment: