Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Community of Relationships

Lately the subject of community has been a topic of discussion amongst my friends here in Salt Lake City. And when we discuss community, it's in the context of the people living around us; working with us; shopping with us; worshipping with us... generally, all the people here in Salt Lake City (and by all, I mean ALL). And these discussions are efforts of myself and my friends to understand how we can love our community to the best of our abilities.

I think the word community needs to be replaced with relationships.* We live in a time when we don't know our neighbors or the name of the barista who makes our coffee every morning. Every. Morning. Relationships are what make the World go round, right? Relationships are what make getting out of bed worthwhile. Relationships are what get us through the dark times and are what make the bright times the best times.

We live in cities full of people... full of community (whatever that means)... full of potential relationships. We live amongst people who can evoke change in our heart and growth in our soul. Let's make those relationships loving and lasting!

...Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 
-Colossians 4:14

*This epiphany did not come to me all on it's own. It came to me through daring and thoughtful discussion. This discussion was had with folks who love me as I love them. Wouldn't it be great if we all were having discussions like this?

Photo thanks to Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment