- I've gained thirty pounds thus far (something I'm not particularly proud of)
- In spite of the weight, I don't have stretch marks, varicose veins, swollen legs and feet or high blood pressure (yet).
- Lucas is head-down with his tush mostly on my right side.
- He's a rowdy kid already... constantly bumping, pushing and rolling over. Never a dull moment.
- I am still feeling really well, although I'm super tired all the time. Doc told me to slow down with work and such. I figure I'll cut back my hours in June.
- I am continually growing out of my clothing... some tops are too tight now and I'm afraid of looking like a hooker when I wear them. I don't want to buy new stuff with only 8 weeks left.
- Matt and I constantly discuss how much life will change after the baby arrives. We're excited for the challenge and really looking forward to seeing our baby for the first time. I am beginning to daydream more and more about holding him, examining his little hands and feet. Of course, we're looking forward to the diapers, feedings and crying too. :)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I had my 32 week appointment yesterday, and Julie went with me, which was fun! Julie will be assisting Matt and I in labor... so it only makes sense that she would go to a couple appointments. Everything is as it should be, which is great. I posted two pics of my hugeness... We've decided on a name... drum-roll please.... Lucas Matthew. Whatdya think? I know, we're taking a major risk in already revealing a name. My mother has taken the liberty of expressing her opinion regarding the name Lucas and continues to suggest other names. How sweet of her. Even still, Matt and I think it's a good fit. The name stems from Lucias and means "Bringer of Light." Of course, it's also a Biblical name, which is fitting for our family. Some other thoughts: