- Labor began Tuesday morning... 1:00a. Contractions strong, but bearable and three minutes apart. We went to the hospital at 4:30a to find that I was only dilated to a four. Six hours later, I had not progressed... so we went home to labor... rather than induce with pitocin.
- Wednesday night... no sleep. Contractions increased in intensity... I took showers and a bath (which were dreamy) and prayed every hour that God would dilate my cervix.
- Wednesday afternoon at 4:30p we went back to the hospital and I had progressed to a seven! I cried with elation and nurses who remembered me from the day previous kissed my cheeks (literally!). They were all incredible.
- My one request: please break my waters and get this show in the road! Prediction was Lucas would be born by sundown.
- Prediction wrong... his head was turned in such a way that my last centimeter of dilation was not taking place. I was transitioning, but not dilating (which is incredibly frustrating) and painful. I had been in labor for 48 hours at this point and my body was beginning to turn on me. I was losing the battle of mind over matter.
- Thursday, 1:00a... epidural requested. 15 minutes later, Lucas turned and I fully dilated.
- Thursday, 2:15a... pushing begins and Lucas is born an hour and a half later.
- Weight: 9.2 lbs
- Length: 21 inches
- Head: 14 inches
Monday, July 20, 2009
Lucas Matthew Tibbs - 07/16/2009, 3:55am
It's been four days since Lucas' arrival into this World and I must say I am pleased with the way things are going. It seems there is so much to tell... so I'll start with a few pics (I'm always dying to see pics of new babies... leave the chit-chat to the end!): Above: Lucas first day of life. Above: Julie & Matt helped me labor and deliver... nothing beats having a sister there to support you through it all! Above: Matt was exhausted, but incredibly strong throughout the entire process. I don't know if I've ever loved him more. Above: Grandma Lisa was SO excited to meet her first grandbaby! Above: Grandpa Tibbs Above: Grandma and Grandpa Cates... Lucas was wide awake for the two of them! Some fun details: