Pages

Monday, March 01, 2010

At My Wits End

Lucas is still continually waking in the night, which is really starting to wear on us.  Last night, he woke every thirty minutes and was inconsolable.  I genuinly thought he was ill and was prepared to call the doctor this morning... but come seven o'clock, he was bright and cheery... as if he hadn't kept us from a good nights rest.  This happens about once a week right now, which leaves me very confused.

Is his teething truly that painful?  Is he sick?  Is he hungry?  Did he poo?  Does he have separation anxiety? Is he scared?  Is this something I caused?  What can I do to fix it?  All of these questions and more go through my mind.  One thing I know for sure, I feel completely defeated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Beth! They can be such stinkers. Are you a let-him-cry-it-out kind of mom? If he's doing it a lot, it could be out of habit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I am trying to be the tough mom... but it's really hard. I am almost sure he's cutting teeth again right now, but then again, I don't know. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete