Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Heartfelt Empathy

My heart aches for our dear cousins Kirk & Aimee.  Their little boy, Trip has been going through a sudden medical emergency and suffered quite the ordeal.  I can't explain it quite as Aimee did on her blog, but it just pains me to think of the stress and hurt a parent feels when their little one is going through such trama.  I can't even look at the photos without crying and I wish I was there in Colorado with them.  I would feel less helpless and at least I could comfort them with a hug. I want to kiss that little boy!

It's evident to me that since having Lucas, my heart has more empathy for other parents.  I hurt for them and wish they didn't have to go through this.  I wish their precious baby didn't have to suffer tubes, needles and surgeries.  Sigh... deep breath.  The only way to peace in these moments is prayer, so pray we will.

We love you guys.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words, Beth. We so appreciate all of the people who have helped to spread the word and get people praying. We would not have made it without so much prayer support.
    We sure look forward to seeing you sometime this summer and finally getting to meet Lucas!

    ReplyDelete