Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's A Process

...of letting go.

As Matt & I prepare to move (5ish weeks), I find myself beginning to stress. Moving is stressful, yes. But when you're moving to another city it adds up to a whole other ballgame. To boot, we're attempting to find housing without an initial trip out. To put it plainly, we're on a tight budget. Very tight.

Beyond the housing, I'm growing increasingly emotional regarding saying goodbye and so long. Just writing about it makes my eyes tear up. Sigh...

It's not that I'm not excited to start a new adventure or turn the page on this chapter in our lives, because I am... more than ever. But, giving slack to the connection I have with loved ones here is a process that I know will be painful. The day in and day out of being in constant communication and sharing life won't be as possible with us living farther away. The recognition that I won't be an active part of these people's lives any longer, is difficult for me.

I know in time it will all be as it should be...but the process is difficult.

Do not be anxious about anything, but everything, by prayer & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7

3 comments:

  1. Beth, I have been coming back to this specific passage for the past week or more, and finding it a comfort. Having made the type of transition you are about to make (only a little farther!), I can reassure you that (after the initial adjustment!) everything will be truly good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot it lists me as Bryan! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know how you feel and am praying and trusting that God will work things out as wonderfully for you as He has for us. Sorting, packing, preparing, and saying goodbye make moving such an emotional experience. May you have plenty of peace and joy in the coming weeks and months!

    ReplyDelete