Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it Utah...

... or do we really look like we're under 21?

Last night Matt & I went and used a gift card we had at Applebees. Matt ordered an alcoholic beverage and after the kind waitress looked at his ID, she decided that her manager should have a look at it too. To boot, she acted like we were suspiciously trying to pull a fast one on her. Five minutes later her manager came out and checked Matt's ID and ten minutes later his drink arrived.

I thought to myself, maybe they thought it was a fake... because it's an Oregon ID? But why would we have a fake ID? I'm thirty! We had our child with us. We were in the 'burbs of Salt Lake. Sigh... it was awkward and weird.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh. It's Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the affirmation, Kay. I guess it's naive of me to think that we wouldn't have a few subtle cultural adjustments to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Alcohol is legal in Utah? Huh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...Dan that's great. It's totally legal here, but with strings attached. Obviously. Love you.

    ReplyDelete