Pages

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sacrificial Growth

We're two days out from our move and it's organized chaos. It may be the first time in our history of moving that everything goes off without a hitch... although, it may be due to the fact that I've sworn to Matt that I would take a chill pill and not be the controlling, type-A individual I naturally am. So... even if we're running around like chickens, I'm choosing to not worry about it.

That being said, I've been an emotional wreck. Sheesh. A couple girlfriends and I had our final evening together last night (we get together often for "Girls Night"), and they brought a beautiful basket of "Portland" items and it just broke my heart. What a thoughtful and meaningful gesture (my heart just melts as I write this).

Moving away is thrilling. It's exciting to start over... to rewrite who you want to be and where you're going. But, it's tragic to leave relationships behind. In spite of Skype, Email, Facebook, Texting, Phone Calls and such... it still feels like a loss. It is a loss. It's a sacrifice that has to be made... in order to grow and develop into the person/people we are intended to become. No great thing or individual becomes great without pain and sacrifice.

The beauty of sacrifice is that you quickly learn what is most important in life. You see things clearly. And, you learn that some of the most significant relationships in life are not with the people you talk to every day... they're often the people who love you from far way.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I hope to be one of those significant people who love you from far away! Praying for you all! Tina

    ReplyDelete