Overall, the trip to Portland wasn't too bad... and yes we had some great times. It's nice to be surrounded by the people you love... in spite of the circumstances. But, I doubt we'll be making another trip back anytime soon. It was just too hard on me... and the illness definitely put a damper on things.
|Lucas spent a lot of time in bed...with Keith Richards, of course.|
|He also had to borrow his cousin's pj's after throwing up on all of his own. Isn't he cute in hearts!?|
|Here's our little Boo-Bear!|
|Papa with Lucas... so sweet.|
Overall this is what I learned while on our trip:
- Lucas sleeps awesome in his own bed. He is a stinker when he's not in his own bed.
- Sit in first class when traveling with a baby (but who can afford that!?)
- Don't set too many expectations for social engagements... because they will be broken
- Take lots of PJ's for the kiddo
- Video chat with the hubs more often... it helps ease homesickness
- Don't fly Delta... baggage costs too much... resulting in having to leave stuff behind
- Insist your family comes to see you more often. They don't have to travel with a toddler.
- If your child has the flu, suck it up and pay the $150 to miss your flight and go at a better time