Pages

Sunday, December 05, 2010

An Evening Worth Talking About

It was a grand way to welcome in the Christmas season, for sure. Going to White Christmas at the Pioneer Theater was ... well, magical.

As a proper date should include, we started with dinner. We tried another local restaurant in our neighborhood... Pago... and enjoyed ourselves quite nicely. The restaurant only serves locally grown food, which is then turned into exquiste meals. The Chicken Paillard I ordered was to. die. for. Our server was... special. His eccentric personality was a little disingenuous and he would crack the same one-liners for us, as the nearby table. Awkward.

The show itself was everything I had hoped it would be. The amazing costumes, zippy tap numbers, and great vocals did not let me down. Is there anything more fun than seeing a HUGE group of people sing and dance together!? Oh and the ending... with the gorgeous Christmas music. I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes. I could go on and on... but you all know. This was a show definitely worth seeing on stage.

The after party was at a local Japanese restaurant, Ichiban. This party is one of the best parties of the year, as they serve all the sushi your heart can imagine. Oh and of course, an open bar. I LOVE the after party, because it's opportunity for me to get to know the folks Matt spends every day and night with. Some of them are unique and have stories that make me laugh till I cry. It's always a great time.

These evenings are a treat after the long hours and multiple days of hard work for Matt and his coworkers. In addition, I enjoy seeing the fruit of their labor and spending some time with my man.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful evening out and got to celebrate Matt's hard work with him! You looked absolutely beautiful! That's a great dress.

    ReplyDelete