Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

St. George, Part III

We pull up to the Marriott in St. George and a HUGE wave of relief washes over us. You know that feeling when you've arrived? It's like, "thank God we're here and everything is going to improve from this point on" feeling. Yes. That exactly how it was.

Our hotel room was probably one of the best parts of the trip. It had a bathtub. Now, you need to remember that we don't have a bathtub in our dream apartment here in Salt Lake... so the bathtub was pretty much my favorite part of the room. Oh! And the toilet was behind a little wall.. how wonderful is that!? Especially since our child HAS to follow us into the bathroom, for fear he would miss something very important happening. "Nothing going on in here... seriously."

The room also had a mini fridge (sans alcohol...of which I was slightly disappointed... I mean, c'mon... we're an hour from Vegas people!) and microwave. A tiny coffee pot and all the normal accoutraments a fairly nice hotel room should have.

In addition, the beds were comfy... and the pillows... oh they were like a HUGE slice of Heaven. The moment my head hit that pillow... I was gone. Totally oblivious to the woes and wears of this World. Heaven.

Housekeeping was also kind enough to deliver a Pack N' Play for Lucas. Linens and a kiddo-sized blankie were provided. How sweet. It took a lot of pressure off my back knowing we had a place to cage our child.

It is difficult travelling with a toddler, but hotel rooms seem as if they're perfect for the little ones. Nothing to choke on. No outlets just waiting to have junk shoved into them. And... the kicker.... blackout drapes. OHMYGOSH! Naps were a dream and that dreaming took place. Thank you Marriott for making my life a little bit easier.

The only disappointment I had was the TV. Yes... when I am in a hotel room, I want to watch TV. It's like only a few things happen in hotel rooms: Drinking, things not appropriate to mention on this blog, and TV watching.

So I gear up for some sweet HBO or maybe just some TLC (when Matt isn't looking)... only to find out that our TV is digital local stations. WHAT!? Pump the brakes. We only have basic digital television in our hotel room? Yes. It's true. Great. Now I'm going to have to read or go for a walk or have a conversation with my family members (just kidding... but doesn't tv get in the way of those things anyway?). So we watched nearly NO television. I think I watched Oprah and a couple episodes of Dinosaur Train.

I suppose the disappointment could have been much worse and to be honest, it ended up being a constructive disappointment. Who needs TV anyway?


"We're here!"

Propped up on Heaven Pillows

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I know exactly how you feel about the TV thing. When I am in a hotel room, all I want to watch is TLC, the game show network, and ridiculous shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" :)

    ReplyDelete