Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Should Share

... that last Friday Lucas locked me out of the house.

Yes, it happened and it also happened to be snowing. In fact, I was in my slippers and pj's, was not wearing a bra and literally looked like I had just rolled out of bed (it was 3:00 in the afternoon). I was wiping the table off on our porch and Lucas turned the deadbolt behind me. When I went to go back into the house, I froze and literally could not believe this was happening.

I stood on the porch for nearly 5 minutes trying to decide how to get myself out of this situation.

Luckily the nice girl upstairs let me use her phone and the nice boy next door offered me his coat. Matt came home twenty minutes later to let me in the house and rescue Lucas from his loneliness. The whole ordeal was 45 minutes and Lucas only knocked one lamp over (still not sure how that happened).

That lil' stinker!

Here are some current photos of the lil' stinker playing with his favorite toys...cars!

And... the dimples.
And trying out some new dance moves... of course.

3 comments:

  1. I've always been nervous about being locked out while Katie is in the house. I pictured it would be because I accidentally locked the door or something of that nature. Now I will be even more paranoid about taking a spare key with me.

    Lucas is adorable! His dimples are the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to know this has happened to someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I was going to say, "At least you're not the only one..." but Jen beat me to the punch. ;) I can say with absolute surety that Henry would never lock me out of the house. Wyatt, on the other hand, has made me mindful to always slip a key in my pocket when exiting the premises. On the flipside, I'm thinking of also installing a chain at the top of our doors so he can't LEAVE without me either. One that is so high that he can't reach it on any chair, box or stack of books he can find.

    I'm glad you have nice neighbors!

    ReplyDelete