Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seven Years

Today... Matt and I celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary. First things first... I have no idea where seven years went! I suppose if I stopped and thought long and hard about it I'd say it went toward Grad School, Family, moving around a few times and having a kiddo of our own... but seriously!? Where did it go?

This past year has been especially challenging in our marriage. It's been a year of growth, development and self-awareness for both of us, which inevitably is always a challenge. But it's a win. For the first time Matt has a job he's proud of and a job that helps us move toward having a life of intentional living. We have a community that both of us feel welcome in and friends who envelope us in love, while challenging us to be the people we should be. We have a healthy two-year-old boy who also has friends that love him dearly. And bottom line... the adversity, change and challenge has brought Matt and I closer together. We seek to conquer life as a duo, coming out on top... stronger than ever.

*Can you tell we're relationship people?

Loves of my life!
So...whether or not it's a challenging year, a fun year, or a year of joyous blessings... we're so thankful to have each other. After seven years, I can honestly say that neither of us would be the people we are today, were it not for the other. And for that, I have so much to be thankful for. I believe I'm a better person after seven years of being with Matt.

I love you honey. Here's to seven more years!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you two! What a fun milestone to be celebrating...

    ReplyDelete