Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Tempest

On my own, I have never seen or read the Tempest... which to be fair, is probably one of the best Shakespeare pieces out there. It's riveting, humorous and touches on the important elements of the human experience... peace and revenge.

Matt and I attended the opening night show last night and I was deeply impressed with the visual experience Pioneer Theater offered through the show. The show had an element of Steampunk, which added a raw and Earthy feel. Chuck Morey (Artistic Director) pulled beauty and humor from the actors, emotion from the text and unique elements that stimulated the senses to cause goosebumps and chills throughout the entire show. I was on the edge of my seat, eager to see what happens next.

I highly recommend folks see this show whenever the opportunity provides itself. It's classic Shakespeare and though the language takes a few minutes to wrap your head around... you find yourself drawn into the plot and laughing at the old-world jokes, as if they were being told by friends of your own. The tears shed bring emotion from the heart and the sudden shift of ideals within the story brings back the feeling of hope for your fellow mankind. Go and get lost in a little Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment