Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Teasing Temperatures

I know it's only February, but I am ready for Spring! I can't seem to shake the blues and my excitement for life just hasn't been what I'd like it to be. Unable to put my finger on a logical reason and refusing to admit to straight up depression (denial is my key to survival), I'm blaming it on Winter.

Yep, Winter needs to go... or I need to go... to the Bahamas, that is!

Lucas and I were at the Park over in our old neighborhood and as I sat on the curb watching him play without a coat, I realized how eager for Spring I am. I'm ready to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, smell the grass and let my toes be free in sandals. I'm ready to spend an endless day outdoors, doing nothing but munching on snacks and playing in the grass.

Ironically, it's supposed to snow tonight. Oh well. I guess I'll go back to hibernating in my cave (both literal and figurative) and longingly wait for another random day of mild warmth and teasing temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment