After my post about Lucas' behavioral/toddler/preschooler issues... and by issues I mean, completely normal child who happens to have the personality of his mother plus a little devil inside... I thought it'd be nice to share a few things we're dealing with here. Maybe some of you can relate. Some of you can scoff and others of you can be thankful you have a passive, darling, cherubim of a child.
Disclaimer: Most of these things end in some form of consequence... so don't judge me as a mother, you hear!
- Lucas will turn anything into a gun. Paper towel roll, vacuum hose, Legos, his hand, foot... you name it. Then... that gun is pointed at my face when he's not happy with MY behavior.
- Lucas will turn anything into a laser. See above.
- Lucas will run and head-butt various parts of my body. In particular, he enjoys ramming my pelvis which typically results in pain and watery eyes... then rage.
- Lucas will crumble whatever he's eating up into tiny pieces... and then ask for more, because he's still hungry.
- Lucas refused to eat his food... then ask for more, because he's hungry.
- Lucas will pause the movie we're watching... then get mad because he wants to finish it.
- Lucas will destroy train tracks we've just laid... then demand I put them back... and then destroy them again.
- Lucas will go to the potty on his own... unless I'm within five feet of the bathroom... then he "needs help"
- Lucas will pee his pants if I do not help him with above problem.
- Lucas has been known to put his finger in his own booty... then disclaim that "it's stinky!"
- Lucas will pick a boogie, demand someone get him a tissue and when tissue arrives, the boogie is gone... lost in the carpet.
- Lucas demands we video chat with loved ones... once the chat is set up, he leaves after about thirty seconds.
- Lucas will threaten to put me in the naughty chair.
- Lucas will demand full attention while I am on the phone... even though he was completely ignoring me five minutes before that.
- Lucas will dismantle anything... including expensive equipment.
- Lucas has inserted magnets and other random objects into the DVD slot on our iMac.
- Lucas enjoys going into the bathroom and waving his hand in front of the auto soap dispenser... and dispensing a lot of soap.
- While on the toilet, Lucas will pull a long line of toilet paper and jam it between his legs into the toilet...without ever wiping anything off.
- Lucas has threatened to "punch me in the face"
- Lucas repeatedly chases the cat (and dog) with toys that have wheels.
- Lucas then asks: "Kitty mad?"
- Lucas will sneak lotion onto his hand, and then wipe it in my hair.
- Lucas resists a shower... then resists getting out of the shower.
- Lucas will ask for a snuggle... then ask to be tickled... then jump down and run away screaming. I love this!