Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days Of Thanks - Day 10 & 11, Connection, Friendship and Play

At about noon today it suddenly ocurred to me... Ohmygosh I totally forgot my blog post for yesterday! I even have a reminder on my phone... what the heck?

So the day continued and now it's nearly nine in the evening and I'm posting. Finally.

All of that being said, it's been a great weekend... busy and full of fun with friends, and my two loves... Lucas and Matt (in case you were wondering). I sit here with a glass of wine, genuinely happy and feeling beyond blessed.

It's an interesting thing, how what would seem like the ordinary to some, is special to others. This weekend was special and pleasing to me, for multiple reasons. I had the opportunity to spend a morning with Erin... one of my favorites. And... here's the clincher... we left our kids at home! I believe it was the first time I've been shopping with Erin and neither of us had a kid with us. Let me tell you... it was WONDERFUL! We'll be doing that again, that's for sure.

This weekend was full of meaningful conversations with the hubs. I feel like I could devote a whole blog post to how special these conversations are to me. With the schedule the hubs keeps, we don't have a lot of time to devote to meaningful talk. Feelings and the heart are communicated in short moments, emails or emotional phone calls... resulting in "we'll talk about that later" or "I wish I could help" or "I'm sorry". Yes, I'm thankful that we're adopting healthy communication skills in tight circumstances, but really... I relish the weekends we have together to reconnect; to really talk it out.

This weekend was full of play. We had snow... a lot of it and it was delightfully cozy. I slacked off on housework, watched movies, ate too much food and snuggled a lot with my honies (again, Lucas and Matt). I took a nap and best of all, played in the snow! We wrestled, threw snowballs and ran around the yard like a bunch of kids... it was so fun! It was fun to see Matt and Lucas laugh... it was fun to be chased by my man and most of all, it was fun to be together.

I suppose it's easy to understand why I forgot to blog yesterday. I've been busy enjoying my family... and it's been splendid! On these days I find myself thankful for meaningful conversation... especially with my husband. In addition, I'm thankful for friendship... not only with Erin, but with so many other lovelies who brighten my days. And on top of all that, I'm thankful for play. As adults we so often forget to play. Playfulness brightens my spirit and lightens my load, and we can all use a little bit of that every so often.

Happy 30 Days Of Thanks, friends. This week, get out there and find some way to play... lighten your load and lift your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment