Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pull My Head Out

Oh friends... it's been a rough few weeks. I've had some major ups and downs and what the hecks!? Those inner battles that go on in my heart and in my head are rearing up and boy howdy am I in a tizzy.

I've been away from blogging because frankly, I'm a negative Nelly and no one really wants to be a part of that.

Conclusion, I've signed myself up for therapy again.

Why not sooner? Well... to be frank I've had perfectly good excuses. Yes, excuses. Insurance won't cover me, because I'm a dependent, and evidently being dependent means your mental health has little importance to the rest of the world. Have you met one dependent who doesn't question their mental sanity at least once (or fifteen times) in their lives?!

Secondly, this is the first time I've actually felt comfortable asking individuals to take my beloved little devil-child on a consistent basis. Asking for a baby sitter here and there is one thing... but to ask for a commitment on a regular basis is well... a commitment. I'm a mom who spends an inordinate amount of time alone with my child. I don't have the luxury of a day off here and there... even for therapy.

But now... I'm making it a priority.

Anywho... this blogging hiatus has been partially intentional. To spare you all the whine and frankness of my life right now. Hopefully seeing a therapist can help me pull me head out and breathe a little freshness into this heart and head of mine.
 


2 comments:

  1. I am really proud of you, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing it, Beth! And glad you are talking about it. I think there is still a stigma associated with counseling because all of us who have gone don't talk about it enough! Probably the break apart for a couple hours a week will improve mental health for mama and boy! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete