Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Snuggles and Tickles

Lucas and I had a picnic on Sunday, because it would have been an outright sin to not be out in the weather. Oh Lord have mercy!... it was gorgeous. 

We sat on a quilt in the middle of the park and people watched...while eating Peanut Butter and Jelly, of course. I am really enjoying this age that Lucas is at, in spite of the obvious challenges (seriously erradic behavior). This child who normally runs everywhere while laughing uncontrollably, sat with me and ate his lunch. Not only did he sit WITH me, but he sat in my lap. And then my heart melted.


These moments are happening more frequently, which is a nice return to what I feared may be lost in the throes of toddler-life (and general personality). It's nice to know that snuggling and being close is not something that has gone by the wayside.  I'm sure there will be a time for that, but I'm not ready for it quite yet. If he could wait fifteen or sixteen years, that would be okay with me.

Until then, I'm gonna get all the snuggles and tickles in I can!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect afternoon. The sunny days are still sporadic here, but Liam and I chill on the deck when we can.

    I love those rare snuggles <3

    ReplyDelete