That being said, I do plan on blogging quite a bit in the next couple weeks. Lucas and I are traveling to Portland (Home) to see family and friends. Wahoo! Here are a few things I want to do while I'm out there:
- Celebrate my sister's 30th birthday with a day of wine tasting!
- See the joy on Lucas' grandparents' faces when they play and snuggle with him... because quite frankly, he's darling.
- See the Ocean... in all it's Northwestern splendor... which probably means cold and rainy. But I'll take it. For sure.
- Photo Bombing... which I should tell you is the funniest thing to me. I know... totally juvenile, but hilarious! And... can only be done with special people... like my sister... and Rashelle... and with a couple drinks in my system.
- Hit up the Oregon Aquarium. Because... I've never been to the new one! Wha!? I know... it's gonna happen people... or someone might get hurt.
- Drink wine with Rashelle. A must.
- Pet my friend Kenna's adorable baby belly. Yes... I'm THAT girl. And yes, I WILL pet your baby belly. Thank goodness Kenna is cool. She'll probably laugh. I'm down with that.
- See my friend Lindsay get hitched! Hooray!
- Hit up Beaverton Farmer's Market and eat some of those radical crepes. Yes, I said radical...
- See some lovelies at Lucas' early birthday party. I can't wait!
- Hug our family... a lot.
- Visit the Oregon Zoo. And check out those adorable polar bears!
- Hug my friend Kerry and tell her "I can't believe you're having a baby!" Because seriously... I can't believe she's having a baby. This family of hers is like a second family for me and I couldn't be happier that this event is happening for all of them.
- Miss my husband... because distance DOES make the heart grow fonder. And I know after just one week away, I will be so very excited to come home to his warm hugs and witty humor.
This seems like a lot... but with three weeks I can accomplish this and more. I'm hoping to see more friends than I anticipate and express to them how much I've missed them. I'm hoping to have such sweet moments with the people I love, it'll carry me through to months we have to be separate again. But I can't think about leaving yet... because I'll cry.