Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

Julie's Wine Habit

Two Saturday's ago, we celebrated Julie's 30th birthday. True, she won't officially be thirty until the 18th of July... but I HAD to throw her a shin-dig while I was in Portland. It's my sisterly duty and a proud one I willingly took on. There really isn't anything more special than siblings... especially a sister... and I wanted to honor Julie by giving her a carefree, fun day.

So...we went wine tasting. I invited a bunch of Julie's favorites and we spent the warm, sunny day together sipping on wine. Yes, there were plenty of tasteless jokes and obnoxious behavior, but let's be honest... would it truly be a celebration of Julie without crass discussion?
Rashelle, Julie and I start our day off right... with Mimosas!

Our group: Eric, Chris, Rashelle, Myself, Julie, Jacqueline,  Jason, Lindsay and Douglas.  This was taken at Sokol Blosser.

Eric and Julie
Enjoying the gorgeous weather at DePonte Cellars.
After our second winery, we stopped off for pizza and our friendly hostess overheard it was Julie's birthday. Surprise!

Lindsey, Julie, Rashelle and Myself
Overall, the day was great. It was warm, sunny and overwhelmingly fun. We're thinking about making a habit out of our annual wine tasting... since we went last year for my thirtieth. Who needs a birthday to wine taste, right?

*I realize I should be more thorough in my wine tasting mentions... links and names and such. I am trying to pound out a few posts in one sitting and due to a lack of time, I'm skimping on all the details. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment