Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Three Years Old

It's unbelievable to me... but Lucas has turned three! I swore I wouldn't get emotional this year, but it seems nearly impossible not to grieve the loss of babyhood while welcoming boyhood. With the entry of maturity, goes the exit of innocent. Sigh... what's a mother to do?

July 2011
This past year has been a really big year for Lucas and I wish I had made more of an effort to secure special developments in my memory. Lucas has developed from a little two year old... chewing on toys, throwing food and just learning to talk... into a boy who kicks soccer balls, plays hide and seek and tells me he's feeling frustrated. It's remarkable, frankly. The emotional development has been exponential and this is where my heart grows heavy. We see him growing up and talking like a boy...gaining the ability to articulate his feelings. Sigh... while this is great, it's also a mark of maturity and only can be developed with age.



July 2012
Yes, our boy still asks to snuggle (I will truly grieve the moment when he chooses to NOT snuggle), asks for kisses on his owies and looks to us for constant approval. He's still learning the fine art of self control and social skills, while pushing our buttons and infuriating us. But, he's the apple of our eyes... and as he grows, continues to cause Matt and I to look at one another in complete love and admiration of this beautiful child of ours. How lucky we are to have such a handsome, smart and loving little boy. 
 
Happy third year of life, Lucas. We love you to the moon and back.





1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe the difference in those two pictures; that year between 2 and 3 is another of those whiplash-inducing times of dramatic change. What an amazing person he is growing into...

    ReplyDelete