Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Afternoon Break, Nightime Shenanigans

Bed time is... frustrating. I complain about it constantly... on Facebook, Twitter... and here I am blogging about it. Bed time for Lucas, that is. I happen to LOVE bed time.

Yes... I know. We're in a developmental stage... a stage of resisting sleep at night. It's too bad God doesn't dole out more patience during these "developmental stages". I could go for a bucket full.

So... I thought (in all my maternal wisdom...ahem) that maybe nap time was hindering Lucas' ability to knock off at night. You know... maybe he's one of those people who "just can't take a nap, or I'll be up all night" people.

Let me just tell you this... the child LOVES his naps. He asks for them. And sleeps for two hours solid. He loves the nap. He does not love the bedtime.

Well, I figure let's cut nap time. And he'll be SO tired he'll HAVE to fall asleep.

I was wrong. Last night... he was awake till ten (he goes to bed at eight). I figured he'd be exhausted... and I'm sure he was. But that didn't stop all the shenanigans.

And today... this is what happened.
I made the mistake of putting on a movie and he fell asleep from one blink to the next. I didn't even have time to stop him.

And now I don't have the heart to wake him. He's been asleep on the couch for an hour and a half.

Nap time clearly, will not be cut. Guess we're gonna have to deal with this so called developmental stage... and push through.

At least I still get my afternoon break! Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment