Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2012

30 Days Of Thanks: Day 1, Autumn

So here we are... the first day of November. Can you believe it!? Where the heck did October go? It flew by, that's for sure.

And now that we're in full blown Autumn, I find myself enjoying this season to it's fullest. It's a season of homey warmth and snuggling. A season of baking, raking and heavy blankets. Oh! It's bliss.

I am thankful for this season as it reminds me of myself in so many ways. I am a person who longs for warmth and security. I seek relationships that are warm, personal and intimate...constantly hoping for connection and bonds that bring worth to this life we're living together. In these bonds, I find security and I am reminded that we were not intended to live alone... to operate without companionship and the ties of friendship. 

And in these friendships, I see God. I see the Lord's love in the compassion of a friend. I see the Lord's grace in the brokenness of my own heart. And I see a glimpse of Heaven when I'm with a group of friends who can laugh together; I mean, really laugh. That joy is the closest to Heaven we can get some days. 

So in this season of Autumn I am thankful for the season itself. I am thankful for my friendships, and I am thankful for the Lord's grace in the crazy hard life we're living. 

Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.
Romans 12:10

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-22

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it the gift of God...
Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment