Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days Of Thanks - Day 16, Hot Showers

Welp... the weather is full on Winter here... and it's cold! I snuggle into the covers every morning, even though I can see the light peeking through the drapes. It's time to get up, but it's so chilly! There is snow on the ground, and the gravel makes that crunch sound it only makes when it's frozen. I find myself longing for sweaters and wraps to cover the bare parts in cozy comfort. And boots.

In the winter months there is only one thing that really warms me up, and it's hot water. I prefer a hot bath but in my adult years I'm learning a bathtub is something only fancy people have... and we, my friends, are not fancy. We've been graced with a shower the past couple years and that is my primary source of a warm up!

Let me just tell you... I am thankful for a hot shower. We are one of the few countries in the the World that have really hot showers (water heaters, I suppose) and if you've used showers in other areas of the World, you know what I'm talking about.

When Matt and I become interested in dating one another we happened to be in Brazil... at a camp for kids. This camp did not have warm cabins, nor did it have hot water. Every morning it was fog on the ground, damp cabins and a tepid shower. Brr. Not a very pleasant way to start your day.

I figured our home-stays would have hot water... I mean, these are real people living in real neighborhoods. Nope. Sandra had tepid water too. She told me that hot water costs too much, so no one heats their water up. What a disappointment!

Then I think about countries that don't even have water to shower in... major downer. Washing in a shower is a luxury in itself. Hot water is a special luxury. How luxurious we are!

Ahem...

I am a woman who loves her a hot shower... and in these winter months, I find myself unbelievably thankful for that hot steamy water coming out of the wall. It's a few minutes in my day where I can dream, plan and be alone (unless someone breaks in to use the toilet) with the hot water on my head.

Ahh.... feels so good.

1 comment:

  1. I am such a shower person; I pretty much never ever ever skip a shower EVER, even in those crazy newborn days. This probably says something deep about my character. :)

    ReplyDelete