Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

30 Days Of Thanks - Day 6, Laundry

Happy day six, my friends! Oh! I have so much to be thankful for... but today is such a blah day, I'm struggling with feeling eloquent or clear-headed. Erg...

During my lunch with Lucas (we have lunch together every day) I was thinking about laundry... all the laundry I had this week.

So. Much. Laundry.

See...we had a bit of a lice scare late last week, so I pulled bedding and stuff off to launder. Then, Lucas decided he was going to soil about eighteen pair of underwear in two days (this is a whole 'nother post), so then yea... I have so much laundry to do.

Sigh...

But then I got to thinking...whoa! Imagine if I didn't have a washer and a dryer to use? What did women and men do before there was electric washers and dryers?! The thought of my weekly laundry chore in a pioneer day scene is daunting.

Imagine boiling water for all that laundry... and scrubbing (especially the poopy, pitty, and stinky stuff!)... and rinsing, and drying and pressing. Oh gosh...it would take me a week to do all this laundry!

It's no wonder being a stay at home mother was a serious full-time job back then! Can you imagine if no one did laundry? Or if both folks worked out of the home? Being a home maker was literally keeping the home together... literally.

This is day six and I am so very thankful for washing machines and dryers. I mean, really thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment