Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

30 Days Of Thanks - Day 7, Friends

Today I am thankful for my friendships. This is no light thing, people. I have been blessed with some pretty awesome folks in my life and even better, I've been blessed with friends I would consider sisters.

There is nothing sweeter than having a friend who listens to my complaints, and still treats me the same... knowing the complaints don't define my actual heart. There is nothing more precious than having a friend who understands the sadness that sometimes overtakes us. The friend who can laugh at me, and I know she's genuinely laughing with me. And the friend who has forgiven me, in spite of myself.

The thought of going through this life without close friends seems unbearable. Only having acquaintances seems bleak and cold... and meaningless. Friendship adds joy, depth and meaning to my days. I can honestly and fully recognize how lame my life would be without them.

I truly owe a large portion of my happiness to many of my dearest, loveliest and tender friends.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment