Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Way, The Truth, And The Life


Thomas said to him, "Lord we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered him, "I am the way and the truth and the life...."
John 14:5

A common theme in my inner monologue lately has been "I don't know?"  I don't know the way to go. And in fact, I don't know anything.

Our pastor, Kyle, preached about the way, the truth and the life yesterday and it struck a chord with my heart. I've struggled knowing what is right for now and what is right for our future. How are we supposed to make decisions when "we don't know the way!?"

In this question the truth is revealed... Jesus changes the way. He changes the way we do everything! Granted, my faith in Christ isn't going to make the hard decisions for me... my faith isn't going to decide on more kids, higher paying jobs, relocation, buying a house, and other tasks we're called to make on our own. We are given brains for a reason... but living in the way allows us to find truth in the midst of everything. When we look to Christ, truth is evident.

When we find truth we recognize that we're living life to the fullest. How beautiful is that!? Life is fullest when the way and the truth are fulfilled and then...we glorify God with our choice to serve and sacrifice. 

Ironically, when we don't think we know the way... we're called to turn to the Lord, and his Word will guide us. In turn, we'll realize we've known the way the entire time. The way will lead us to the Lord and he will bring life; beautiful life.

So here I am... seeking truth by attempting to live in the way. And in faith, I trust we'll be led to life.



No comments:

Post a Comment