Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Enjoying Every Minute Of It

I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relaxation. Letting my hair down, if you will. Guys... I'm wearing sweats and it's five in the afternoon. All I need is a glass of wine, chocolate and a Brad Pitt movie and I'd be in seventh heaven.

Lucas took this pic as I was blogging this actual post.
We are currently in Winona, Minnesota for Matt's gig with the Great River Shakespeare Festival, and I'm just happy we made it through the past two weeks. As Matt finished up a freelance show I packed up our studio, spent quality time with friends and attempted to ready our family for our "epic summer trip." The last two days of the week included frenzied packing, loading of stuff into a storage facility and readying ourselves for a three month trip away from home.

To say I was tired would be a massive understatement. At the heaviest moment of our preparation I had an emotional breakdown... like my eyes were so puffy from crying, my friend Katie recommended Preparation H type of breakdown... but overall I was able to maintain civility throughout the trip. It had to have been God, because normally I would have no control of my emotions at a time such as this.

I'll be thanking God now. My husband will too.

So... here we are; Lucas and I. Matt's already devoting his time to his work...what a man! I'm in my sweats (as previously mentioned), watching the Incredibles on ABC Family in a very humble hotel room. I couldn't be more content as I relax, without overarching obligations and expectations. It's divine to realize my only purpose is to keep my family alive and happy. I can do that.

Tonight we will have burritos for dinner. I will not pack boxes, or organize one damn thing... and it feels GLORIOUS! Instead, I will read a book, have a Manhattan (made with High West Double Rye) and continue holding this bed down with my lazy, tired butt. Maybe I'll paint my nails. I am recuperating and I plan on enjoying every minute of it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are getting to catch your breath; moving is SO tumultuous and stressful.

    ReplyDelete