Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Every Day in Autumn

Autumn is a beautiful time here in Indiana! I couldn't be more thankful for the crisp nights, warm days, cool breeze and sunshine. Indiana is not failing to disappoint us, as we are experiencing what I would consider an all-American Autumn.

The cornfields are turning brown, and as the sun sets at dusk you can see the bugs buzzing above the stalks in the glare of the sunbeams. The heat from the day leaves the earth warm and after dark, you can smell the warmth as the air cools with the Autumn breeze. It's stunning.

The mornings provide fog and the light of rising sun streams through the crispy leaves, providing warmth and hope to all the little animals that are waking. We see ducks, geese, squirrels, chipmunks and even a cormorant on the river as we drive through the fog, having to shield our eyes from the Eastern sun.

This Autumn season I find myself truly thankful for all we have here. This place at first glance appears to be simple, plain and easy... all of this true, there is much beauty to be had in the simple. The plain is easy to absorb and appreciate. It becomes natural. The easy makes life seem a little less complicated, and priorities a wee bit easier to identify. We have much to be thankful for. When life is simple and easy, the things we are thankful for become plentiful and meaningful. We appreciate what we're given in the every day.

September is going much too fast... I want it to slow down, so I may savor it and hold on to these foggy mornings and sultry evenings. I want to soak it up and appreciate it as long as possible. Autumn is my favorite time of year, and here in Indiana I'm not sure it gets any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment