Lucas decided school would include a lot of playing with trains, talking to friends and eating snacks. I have a hunch he won't be disappointed.
A few things about this special boy I don't want to ever forget:
- At four years old, our boy is 41 inches tall, which is roughly 3 and half feet. He weighs 35 pounds.
- Lucas' favorite album is the Tarzan album with Phil Collins... he asks to listen to it every time we are in the car. Every. Time.
- Kiddo loves mazes, puzzles and anything he can put together (Legos, blocks, trains).
- He also LOVES stories... long books we can pick up night after night. His favorites are Frog and Toad, and any Disney story.
- Lucas' favorite foods right now include marshmallows, grapes, chicken and pancakes! Yummy.
- Lucas talks a lot about the people he loves; family and friends. His loved ones are treasures in his heart.
- Our boy loves riding his tryke and though he's started riding a bike, he still prefers his tryke.
- Playing in the dirt and collecting sticks, rocks and worms are a popular free-time activity.
- Lucas talks about God, often. Though he prefers to have another person pray with him, he will say: God give me peace. This is something Matt taught Lucas, and when I overhear our child say this to himself, my heart melts into a puddle of pathetic mother-love.
- Lucas also love to chase Mya, our cat. This is not something that melts my heart.
Our little guy is full of life. He wakes up with a light in his eyes and goes down in the evening kicking. Always full of energy, Lucas is ready to make a new friend at a moment's notice, explore something new and problem solve anything you put in front of him. We hope his enthusiasm for life and love of others is something that continues to be a vital part of who is he for always as he brings this light into school and into the lives of the people he is in constant contact with.
Happy preschool year, Lucas! We love you to the moon and back!